September 27

Love Handle: Oskar Blues

Harvey, Irma, and Maria. This hurricane season has been one of the most devastating we’ve seen. For our next Love Handle we’re partnering with the lovely folks at Oskar Blues to donate to AmeriCares. For every glass of Old Chub sold, we’ll donate $2 to helping hurricane relief efforts.

AmeriCares saves lives and improves the health of those affected by poverty or disaster around the world, ultimately helping them reach their full potential. Their response teams are currently working in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, and other devastated areas to deliver emergency shipments of medicine and supplies, as well as health care access, for those people in need. When not engaged in emergency response, AmeriCares creates and supports sustainable programs that strengthen community health. We appreciate that 97% of donations go directly to improving the health of people in need, with the remaining 3% used for administration and overhead.

Oskar Blues came onto the Colorado craft beer scene in 2002 with a little hoppy pale ale in a can. The now-famous Dale's Pale Ale kicked off a craft beer can craze, and OB has since added breweries in North Carolina and Austin. Having recently ventured into can territory ourselves, we’re thrilled they paved the way for a fresher, more mobile, and more recyclable drinking vessel.

Please join us in supporting the dedicated work of AmeriCares to bring some relief to those who have lost more than we can imagine.